Free Shipping over $50
1. Who are we?
3. What personal information do we collect from you and how do we collect that information?
The types of personal information we may collect, and hold vary depending on the nature of our interaction with you and may include:
- identifying and contact information such as your name, postal and email address, telephone number, gender, date of birth and title;
- payment information;
- information ascertained about you from social media such as your profile picture, likes, location and friend list;
- geo-location details when using one of our mobile applications;
- health information such as skin concerns and adverse reactions to products; and
- product preferences and other information.
We may collect your personal information in a number of ways including when you:
- visit our website and register an account with us and/or purchase products through our website and/or;
- correspond with us across any of our channels (e.g. messaging platforms such as text message, live chat and WhatsApp, social media and email).
We typically collect your personal information directly from you. On some occasions, we may collect your personal information from third parties such as payment platform providers.
4.How do we use your personal information?
Why we process your information:
- To provide you with information about our products and services.
- To process your payments and protect you against fraudulent transactions.
- We process your personal information including your payment details (credit card, debit card and/or other payment details) to fulfil your purchase orders for our products, services and/or gift cards. We also process this information to keep your payment details safe and protect you against fraudulent transactions. We process details of your device when you shop on our website to enable us to detect any fraudulent transactions or suspicious purchasing activity. Based on the following justification: It is in our legitimate interests to process personal information to keep payments secure and necessary for the performance of our contract with you. Providing us with certain personal information is voluntary but we may not be able to process your order and send you the required order acknowledgement and shipping confirmation e-mails if you do not provide us with certain requested information.
- To provide you with products and services that you have purchased from us.
- We may need to use your name and contact details to perform our obligations under a contract with you (e.g. where you have purchased a product or service from us, like a face mask). Based on the following justification: It is necessary for us to process your personal information in this way for us to perform our statutory and/or contractual obligations to you.
- To learn more about why you use certain products and inform our product developers.
- We process your personal or health information (e.g. skin type or where you suffer an adverse reaction to a product) to update your account with us. We also process this data to conduct internal administrative activities, research, analytics, planning and product development. If you have a customer account, we may also collect information about the products you browse online or purchase, where you purchased the products from and other information relevant to your customer relationship with Conserving Beauty. We use this information for our internal demographic insights into our customers, to offer you an enhanced service according to your preferences, including by identifying relevant products, services and events which may be of interest to you, and to personalise your experience with Conserving Beauty. Together with non-personal information, we may also use this information for our internal marketing analysis and demographic studies, to analyse, profile and monitor customer patterns so we can consistently improve our products. This means that we can offer more personalised and integrated shopping and interactive experiences to our customers across all our channels. Based on the following justification: It is in our legitimate interests to develop our products and market the right products to you.
- To improve your experience on our website.
- We process information such as your Conserving Beauty account username and password, IP address, information about your purchases and your other activity on our website to improve our website, including to modify it to your usage, history and preferences and troubleshoot problems. Based on the following justification: It is in our legitimate interests to ensure we provide you with a seamless online experience.
- To assess the online activities of our website users.
- To understand and analyse our sales, your needs and preferences.
- We may use your information such as your geographical location to help us conduct focused market research (such as surveys) based on trends and common factors so that we develop, enhance, market and provide products and services to meet your individual needs. Based on the following justification: It is in our legitimate interests to process personal information to develop, enhance, market and provide products and services to you.
- To understand your preferences based on information included in your Conserving Beauty profile (completed online) or in other communications you send to Conserving Beauty.
- We process your information in this way to better understand you, to maintain, update and service your account with us. This processing also allows us to conduct internal administrative activities, research, analytics, planning and project development. Based on the following justification: It is in our legitimate interests to process personal information so that we can better provide our products to you.
- To process exchanges or returns.
- We process your personal information to perform our obligations under our contract with you. Based on the following justification: It is necessary for us to process your personal information to fulfil our statutory and/or contractual obligations to you.
- To respond to requests or complaints.
- If you contact Conserving Beauty by live chat from our site, by email or phone, or in person at an event, Conserving Beauty will collect your personal information and use this to identify you as a customer, help with your query, process your order, process payments, deliver products and services, update our records and to generally manage your account with us under our terms with you. Based on the following justification: It is necessary for us to process your personal information to fulfil our statutory and/or contractual obligations to you.
- To ensure the security and integrity of Conserving Beauty resources, including the website.
- Conserving Beauty will process personal information to assess and enhance the security and reliability of our remote and electronic resources, including analysis of information collected during technological development, and program enhancements. Based on the following justification: We process your personal information to provide safe, reliable access to our goods and services.
- To assess or ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- We may process your personal information to audit, confirm, and document compliance with legal, administrative, industry, and ethical standards, including Conserving Beauty's policies and procedures, code of conduct, and corporate responsibility initiatives. We will also process your personal information to audit our affiliates’ and service providers’ compliance with contractual obligations as well as applicable privacy and other standards. Based on the following justification: We process your personal information to obey laws and regulations, to enforce internal policies, and to prevent and detect fraud and other practices that undermine Conserving Beauty's commitment to fair and ethical conduct.
5. Matters specific to the internet.
- Technical information, including your IP address (a number assigned to your computer when you register with an Internet Service Provider), your login information, browser type and version, domain name, details of any website which has referred you to our website, device identifier, your location and time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, page response times, and errors;
- Information about your visit, including the websites you visit before and after our website and products you viewed, purchased or searched for; and
- Length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouseovers) and methods used to browse away from the page.
The types of cookies and similar technologies we use:
- Strictly necessary cookies that are required for the operation of our website, such as cookies that enable you to log into your account or make purchases, or cookies that enable us to comply with the law (for example, to keep your information safe). We would not be able to operate our website without using "strictly necessary" cookies.
- Performance cookies which recognise and count the number of users to our website and help us see how users move around our website. These cookies do not collect information that personally identifies a visitor. We only use such information to improve our website. This information helps us to find out how well the website is working and highlights where it can be improved.
- Functionality cookies which are used to recognise when you return to our website and assist us to personalise your content and website experience by remembering your preferences. These cookies are also used to provide services you have asked for (such as watching a video). By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device, however you can block these cookies using your browser settings.
Targeting cookies and web beacons/tracking pixels which are used to record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. These cookies and tracking pixels are used by operators of third-party advertising networks such as Google and Facebook to advertise relevant products to you on the internet, based on the products and categories you looked at or purchased on our website. Our website currently uses tracking pixels with third parties such as Google and Facebook for marketing and remarketing purposes. This technology allows those third parties to collect information when you access our website, including the products on our website you have viewed, whether you have made a purchase and, if you make a purchase, the details of the transaction including products bought and amount of the sale. The third-party providers are able to identify specific users of their platforms through the ID number used in their tracking pixels. This information allows those providers to tailor what marketing material you are shown through those platforms and when browsing the internet. We also receive aggregated reports from those third parties in relation to our advertising campaigns, including de-identified information about the number of users who were shown our advertising campaigns and subsequently purchased our products. These reports use aggregated information and do not allow Conserving Beauty to identify specific individuals from those transactions. If you do not want to allow such information sharing between Conserving Beauty and those third party advertising networks by using targeting cookies and tracking pixels on your device, you can deactivate targeting cookies and tracking pixels through your user settings in your internet browser or in the respective third party platforms directly.
We also use third party cookies of suppliers who set their own cookies or similar technologies on our website with our permission to improve customer experience and offer additional functionality.
This website utilizes the online advertising programs from various third-party providers from time to time, such as “Google AdWords” and associated conversion tracking cookies may be set on the user’s browser. The information collected by the conversion cookies are used by such third-party providers to provide information such as conversion statistics to clients such as Conserving Beauty who have opted-in for conversion tracking. It is possible for Conserving Beauty to identify from this information when a particular individual website visitor completes an event (such as making a purchase) after interacting with our ads on those platforms. If you do not want to allow these cookies on your device, you may be able to deactivate them through your user settings in your internet browser, for example you can deactivate the Google conversion-tracking cookie through your user settings in your internet browser.
We also use Google Analytics to help analyse how you use our site. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies. The information generated is used to create reports about the use of our site. Google will store this information. If you do not want your website visit data reported by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more details on installing and uninstalling the add-on, please visit the Google Analytics opt-out page at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
6. Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?
We will only use your personal information with your consent to send you marketing materials by email, text, WhatsApp or post, depending on your marketing preferences. Our marketing communications may include the products, services and other offers of Conserving Beauty or of third parties who have a relationship with us. You can opt out of receiving direct marketing from us at any time by contacting us as described below. When we send you direct marketing communications by email or other electronic means, we'll always give you the option to unsubscribe in the message itself.
7. With which third parties do we share your personal information?
Your personal information is intended for Conserving Beauty but may be shared with third parties in certain circumstances:
Our service providers: We use other companies, agents, and contractors to perform services on our behalf or to assist us with the provision of Conserving Beauty products to you. We may share personal information with such service providers including the following:
- Infrastructure and IT service providers, including for email archiving, mailing, online messaging, payment/billing, booking/appointment systems, IT support desk and cloud-based services;
- Advertising partners, including digital advertising partners such as social media sites and Google;
- Marketing, advertising and communications agencies and information services companies;
- Transportation and logistics providers;
- External auditors and advisers; and
- Other parties to whom we are authorised or required by law to disclose information.
While providing such services, these service providers may have access to your personal information. Third parties permitted by law: In certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose or share your personal information to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (for example, we may be required to disclose personal information to the police, regulators, government agencies or to judicial or administrative authorities). We may also disclose your personal information to third parties where disclosure is both legally permissible and necessary to protect or defend our rights, matters of national security, law enforcement, to enforce our contracts or protect your rights or those of the public.
8. Where do we transfer your personal information?
Conserving Beauty is a global brand and we provide our products and services all over the world. Your personal information may be transferred to and processed in:
- New Zealand;
- the EEA;
- Hong Kong;
- the United States of America;
- Canada; and
- the United Kingdom, by our affiliates and our service providers.
You have the following rights available to you in respect of the personal information we hold about you:
- Access. You have the right to request a copy of the personal information we are processing about you. For your own privacy and security, at our discretion we may require you to prove your identity before providing the requested information.
- Rectification. You have the right to request that incomplete or inaccurate personal information that we process about you be rectified.
- Deletion. In some jurisdictions in which we operate, you have the right to request that we delete personal information that we process about you, except we are not obliged to do so if we need to retain such data to comply with a legal obligation or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Restriction. In some jurisdictions in which we operate, you have the right to restrict our processing of your personal information where you believe such data to be inaccurate; our processing is unlawful; or that we no longer need to process such data for a purpose unless we are not able to delete the data due to a legal or other obligation or because you do not wish for us to delete it.
- Portability. In some jurisdictions in which we operate, you have the right to obtain personal information we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, where this is (a) personal information which you have provided to us, and (b) if we are processing that data based on your consent or to perform a contract with you.
- Objection. In some jurisdictions in which we operate, where the legal justification for our processing of your personal information is our legitimate interest, including the profiling we undertake to send you personalised offers, product recommendations and similar content, you have the right to object to such processing on grounds relating to your situation. We will abide by your request unless we have compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests and rights, or if we need to continue to process the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim.
- Withdrawing Consent. If you have consented to our processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, free of charge. This includes cases where you wish to opt out from marketing messages that you receive from us.
You can make a request to exercise any of these rights in relation to your personal information by sending the request to email@example.com.
Conserving Beauty will generally provide you with access to your personal information if practicable and will take reasonable steps to amend any of your personal information which is inaccurate or out of date. In some circumstances and in accordance with applicable privacy laws, we may not permit you access to your personal information, or may refuse to correct your personal information, in which case we will provide you reasons for this decision. Please note that where you have withdrawn your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information at any time (subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice) or do not provide us with the personal information we request of you, we may be unable to provide you the products or services you have requested or contact you in the future.
10. How do we protect your personal information?
We do several things designed to keep our data secure, including administrative, technical and physical safeguards such as firewalls and encryption measures.
While we endeavour to protect our systems, website, operations and information against unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle and other risk factors, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission or while stored on our systems, will be safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
Conserving Beauty takes reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date;
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- where permitted by law, destroy or permanently anonymise personal information that is no longer needed by Conserving Beauty.
Conserving Beauty's credit card transactions are fulfilled by an authorised banking institution. When collecting credit card information for online purchases, Conserving Beauty offers secured server transactions that encrypt your information in transit to help prevent others from accessing it. Personal information is stored on servers that are protected by appropriate safeguards and will be accessible by authorised employees and agents who require access relating to their responsibilities. Your credit card details are encrypted and then removed from our system once your order has been dispatched. We don't usually collect unsolicited personal information. In the event we receive unsolicited personal information, we will determine if it would have been permissible to collect that personal information if it had been solicited. If we determine that collection would not have been permissible, to the extent permitted by law, we will destroy or anonymise that personal information as soon as practicable. Conserving Beauty will generally provide individuals with the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions when it is lawful and practicable to do so. However, on many occasion, we will not be able to do this. For example, we will need your address to deliver any products purchased through our website.
11. How long do we keep your personal information?
We will only retain your personal information to the extent permitted by applicable laws and regulations. When we no longer need to use personal information, including for any contractual, legal, or regulatory requirement, we will remove it from our systems and records and/or take steps to anonymise it so that you can no longer be identified from it.
12. How do we deal with children's privacy?
We will never knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of sixteen (16) years. If we become aware that a person under 16 has provided personal information to us, we will remove such personal information from our files.
13. How can you contact us?
Conserving Beauty wishes to acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the land on which we work and gather on. We pay respect to Elders - past, present and emerging - and recognise their ongoing connection to this beautiful country, with knowledge and stories that have been handed down since time immemorial.